Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Spongebob on the Brain


You know how some aspects of self-knowing hit you between the eyes without warning?

Earlier today, somebody mentioned Spongebob Squarepants didn't have a brain. Without hesitation, I rattled off three episodes that involved his brain; the one where Patrick shaves his head to be round so he can be a scarier ghost, the one when he shrunk the whole town with Mermaid Man's belt and they climbed inside him to kick his organs, and the one where Plankton won him in a poker game and then put his brain in a robot to make him more cooperative in sharing the secret formula.

I don't retrieve trivia like this easily. I can't remember the names of characters in some of my favorite TV shows. But I instantly recalled episodes featuring Spongebob's brain. As you can see, I'm still reeling over what this means about who I am and what I really think of that guy who lives in a pineapple under the sea.


Oh! And the one where Plankton tried mind control. Gotta love maniacal geniuses and their gadgets of manipulation.

Do you have any favorite Spongebob brain appearances?

1 comment:

  1. I love SpongeBob, but I can't site references to his brain activity. It seems like every time I catch it on it's one of the four episodes I've already seen.

    My poor brain retrieves trivia about any recent Disney or Dreamworks movie at the drop of a hat - and all the main characters that appear on PBS kids.

    ReplyDelete